- 1 1/2 cups of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup of planko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 large eggplant cut into 3 inch long by 1/2 inch wide sticks
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1/2 cup of grated cheese and 1/4 tsp of salt into the eggs.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together; planko bread crumbs, Italian bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 cup of the grated cheese.
- With one hand dip the eggplant sticks into the egg mixture and coat all sides. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl, then gently drop into the breadcrumb mixture.
- With your other hand coat the eggplant stick in the bread crumb mixture. Pat gently to thoroughly coat the eggplant.
- Place the coated sticks onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then move to the middle shelf and broil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your kids favorite dipping sauce. These taste great with tomato sauce, pesto sauce and even ranch dressing.
Click here to see if my kiddos liked them…