- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 lb of your favorite pasta. I used “I Sedanini”, but ziti, farfalle, orchiette all work!
- 3 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
- 3 links of sweet Italian sausage. Remove the case. Break into small pieces.
- 2 cups of shaved asparagus
- 3/4 cup grated pecorino romano
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Follow instructions on package on how to cook the pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a nonstick large skillet. Add the sausage and cook until brown.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the same skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the butternut squash. Season with salt and cook until the squash is tender and slightly brown.
- When butternut squash is cooked, do NOT remove. Instead, add back the sausage and the shaved asparagus. Note : Add the asparagus last and try to distribute it evenly.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the pan
- Add about 1/4 cup of pasta water to the pan and stir until all the ingredients come together
- Top with grated pecorino romano and serve immediately