Sweet Potato Spaghetti with Parmigiano Reggiano (Serves Four)
1 large sweet potato
1 medium zucchini
1 cup of frozen peas
1 vidalia onion
1 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano
1 tblsp of butter
2 tblsp spoon of olive oil
3 tblsp of fresh parsley (torn)
½ tsp salt
- Spiralize the sweet potato, zucchini and onion. If you don’t own a spiralizer, you can julienne the vegetables with a mandolin slicer.
- Add butter and olive oil to a large sauté pan.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, zucchini spaghetti and peas.
- Add ½ tsp of salt.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off flame.
- Add ¾ cup of Parmigiano Reggiano (or 4oz of goat cheese) and toss.
- Spoon spaghetti into large serving bowls and top with remaining parmigiano reggiano and torn fresh parsley.
*Goat cheese can easily be substituted for the parmigiano reggiano
*Top with Grilled Chicken, Grilled Salmon or Grilled Shrimp for added protein