I’ve finally perfected this recipe! Follow my recipe and you will have yourself a baked cauliflower head that is crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside!!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp of fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 cup planko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp sea salt (or, if you are adventurous, Anchovy paste)
- 1 container of chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 490
- Trim away the outer cauliflower leaves so that the cauliflower can sit flat.
- Cut a cross into the base of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower head into a casserole dish, set casserole lid aside.
- In your food processor add 1/4 cup of olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, parsley and 1/4 cup of the grated parmigiano cheese, 1 tsp salt/anchovy paste. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Rub 3/4 of the parsley mixture all over the cauliflower head (bottom and top….in that order), leave the remaining 1/4 in the food processor
- To the remaining mixture add 1/4 cup of the planko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of grated parmagiano cheese and 1 teaspoon of salt/anchovy paste. Process for 30 seconds.
- Pat planko mixture onto cauliflower head (just the top) to create a crust
- Place the casserole dish with the cauliflower head into oven for 15 minutes without the lid
- Drop temperature of the oven to 375, add broth to the casserole dish so that it fills to about 1/2 inch all around. The cauliflower should be sitting is a shallow pool of broth.
- Cover casserole dish with lid and allow the cauliflower to cook for at least 50 minutes or until tender (test with a fork). Note: about 25 minute in, check to see if you need to add more broth. The broth should not dry out.
Remove from casserole dish, cut, serve and drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with cheese.