This is how you get your kids to eat butternut squash! Mine asked for seconds…yup I’m sporting a proud mom grin.
Note: The picture was taken with raisins because that’s what I had, but I would rather have used currants…either work.
- 1 whole raw butternut squash peeled (click here for instructional video) and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of currants or 1 mini box of raisins (how ever many that is)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly brush each butternut squash half with olive oil (top and bottom).
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a fork easily pierces through the thickest part of the squash
- Just before serving, over low heat melt butter, remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup and orange juice, add raisins and drizzle over butternut squash.
Done and done!